Tuesday 22 January 2013

Alcohol Inks Done Different

 
Victoria inspired me to bring out the alcohol inks the other day!  I used Meadow, Citrus, Lemonade, and Terra Cotta along with pressurized air for my computer.
 
Once I finished blowing the inks around I used the blending solution and put a drop in the middle of each colour.
 
There was still too much white glossy paper showing so I took a leap of faith and went around the edges with Distress Wild Honey.  The edges turned out great so I went even further to colour in all white areas.  I kind of like how it turned out!
 
The butterfly stamp is by Penny Black and one of my favourites.  It was stamped in Archival Black.  Once the ink was dry I used Lime Green Stickles to colour in some of the areas and the body. 
 
Here is a closer look of the Stickles..
 
 

Thanks for looking!

Hugz,
Sheree

8 comments:

Gail said...

This is so cool!
I am a hoarder of really glossy paper....I need to get over it!
SU has a butterfly stamp in their book this year, and I've been thinking about it!
This could push me over the edge!

Penny said...

OMGosh, Sheree, this is soooo gorgeous! I love the 'fly on this beautiful background & love the bling, too!
The funny thing is I was just thinking about doing an alcohol ink project like this for one of my DT's. Great minds, huh? ;^)
Hugs, Penny

Merry said...

This is so wonderful...terrific colours and love how they all run into each other.

Victoria said...

Beautiful job! I need more time to play with my alcohol ..er alcohol inks, I mean!

Brenda said...

Sheree this is beautiful!!!! What a fun technique, I need to give it a try. Thank you for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she inspired you to do so, this is another just stunning card. Love the detail on the butterfly, your background just makes this so lovely.

Hugs, Lori m

Myrna said...

Sheree
This technique is gorgeous, as is the butterfly.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a great comment.
Myrna

Nonni said...

How beautiful! I love the butterfly and ink splashes, really special and lots of personality!