Thursday 20 December 2012

Distressed Masculine Birthday Card



I did this quickly for my sons birthday last weekend.  I was so engrossed with getting everything ready for he dinner that I forgot the card..oops!  So, I pulled out the Tim Holtz Gears die and cut them out on grey Stampin Up! cardstock.  The gears were distressed with Walnut, Gathered Twigs and Black Soot.  I swiped my VersaMark pad over the gears and piled on the clear embossing powder.  The last thing was to sprinkle some Zing black embossing powder heavy in some spots and then heavy in others.  Here are a couple of close ups so you can see what I have done...



I think the gears turned out pretty neat!
You can see how I popped the smaller one up along with the one below.

The background is a Cuttle Bug folder and a dull silver paper.  After I embossed it I dabbed a bit of black VersaFine ink onto a paper towel and lightly went over th embossing to make it look  bit aged...like a worn toolbox!  I find that this ink dries a bit quicker if you want to do something else with the paper.

There you go!

Thanks for looking!  I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Holiday!

Hugz,
Sheree

6 comments:

Gail said...

Great 'guy' card!

Gina K said...

Love this! I have the hardest time with masculine cards. This is great inspiration. Love how you did the gears!

Penny said...

Wow, what a fabulous card, Sheree! And you did this at the last minute? It would have taken me days to figure out, lol! I imagine he loved it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

NancyD said...

Wow Sheree they look like real metal! Great technique! NancyD

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Sheree this is a lovely male card and great to have you back... love the contrasts on this card...know what you mean about forgetting a card till last minute. TFS Shaz in Oz.x

Unknown said...

You are so not going to believe this, but take a look at this card I created using these cogs.

http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/cogs?context=user

I think great minds might think alike. I love the way yours look and that you used that embossing folder on yours. That's one of my favorite for masculine cards.