Friday 23 March 2012

Craft A Scene - March - Moonlight


Good Morning Chicks!

My mojo is slowly coming back and I finally had the mindset to work on another Stampscapes scene for the Craft A Scene Blog Challenge for March which is moonlight.

This scene was very easy to accomplish.  I started with four Stampscape stamps (listed below) and then decided to do a monochromatic scene.  It turned out pretty kewl ... I think!  Also, I used a 5X7 size for the card.

To colour the scene I started with a Tim Holtz blending tool with the foam.  Using Memento London Fog I started colouring lightly from the edge moving inward.  It probably took abour five passes around the whole card to get the look I wanted.  Then, using Distress Ink called Black Soot I used the blending tool and once again worked the ink lightly from the outside edge inward until it was dark enough.

I decided that the scene needed a tiny bit of something to add interest so picked up my Colorbox Stylus that had Adirondack Lemonade on the foam pad and without reinking it I tapped a bit of colour into the moon.  Here is a closer look at the photo so you can see what I've done!



Once I mounted the scene it was easy to see that it would look great mounted black on white.  A little bit of scoring around the outside edge and it was done!  After I finished the card I was thinking that a funny sentiment for the inside, that would go with the outside would be... Congratulations on your children moving out!  haha!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Sheree

Stamps:  Stampscape

048E - Lakeside Cove
267E - Pines With Rocks
105E - Cloud With Moon
196F - Pine Tree
Sentiment - Stampscapes - Sentiment Sheet #7

Inks:  Memento London Fog
         Distress - Black Soot
         Adirondack Lemonade Yellow

Paper:  Recollections & Staples 110 lb. white

Thanks for looking!

Challenges:
CAS-ual Fridays - Use a pastel and black
Art Impressions Stamps - Monochromatic

24 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thank you for your visit and your lovely comments. This was one of those things where the plan went wrong and the card took over and did itself - totally different from the plan. I don't possess any Stampscape stamps at the moment (most of mine are Clarity Stamps) but I suspect I might add a few to my collection sometime soon, especially when I see such great results as yours. I really need to practice more though to get things to work as I want. I could also do with a few more Adirondacks and Distress ink pads too. Have a great week. xx Maggie

Gina K said...

Sheree, you always impress me with your stampscape cards. You gifted me a set and they are so gorgeous, but I am way intimidated! Your cards inspire me to try it, but I'm so afraid I won't get it right. Do you use glossy paper?

Myrna said...

Sheree
What is there to say, except perfect.
I can just imagine sitting at the edge of that water and watching the moon.
Talented lady!!!!
Hugs
Myrna

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is stunning.

Lisa said...

OH My this is AMAZING!!!! I LOVE it!!!

NancyD said...

I absolutely love this card. The depth of the color black is fantastic. I was trying to achieve that look with the Momento Black which is all I had at the time. I just got an order of some stuff I won and I now have an Adirondack Pitch Black so I am going to try it again. NancyD

Sally H said...

Stunning card! I must get my stampscape stamps out this weekend

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Move this one straight to the top. The best ever! Love it! Love it!

Sherri said...

This is gorgeous & I love the sentiment you chose for the inside. I can see whoever gets this laughing their heads off when they open it & read the inside.

Anne Fenton said...

This is absolutely beautiful..thank you for joining us at Art Impressions this week.

Gail said...

Awesome...as usual!
You mnake them look and sound so easy, but I know different!
I think you should put that sentiment on the inside!
YOU ROCK!

Virginia L. said...

The scenery is truly AMAZING! Your blending is superb!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Wida said...

W.O.W, I have never seen anything like it! I had to look at it again and again, it looks so real! really great job!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm a crafter. You're an artist. Wowser.

Marlena M. said...

INCREDIBLE work!

veronica said...

love the moonlight!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous,

Laurie said...

This is very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

WOW! Such a stunning look. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

This is so striking. WOW. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Unknown said...

Amazing stamping Sheree ,well done this is fabulous.
Hugs Elaine

Priyanka said...

Sheree dear just hats off to you what a scene you created, soooo romantic, so artistic and amazing.

Tami said...

You are absolutely amazing! I love the scenes you create and wish I could just place myself in that place whenever I see your cards. Love your style and your creatvity!

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your long links with Shortest and make dollars for every visit to your shortened urls.