Wednesday 28 December 2011

Stampscapes - Inspiration

Good Morning Chicks!

After seeing the fantastic response to the new Stampscapes challenge blog I went home and played with stamps after work.  I'll be working on scenes for the new blog "Craft A Scene"  Check it out!  The first challenge starts on January 1st!  We now have 24 followers after only two days of being up and running!

I wanted something CAS, along with a calming effect after a whirlwind Christmas Season we've had.  I tried quite a few different scenes and I'm now happy with this one!  I live two blocks from the ocean and have always found watching water has made me lose all thoughts of the hectic atmosphere around me.  I looked through my Stampscape sentiments and saw this one and immediately went to work!



The water stamp is a small section of a huge Seaside Cove.  I think it gives the impression of being way out on the water.  Four stamps were used and here's the recipe!

Stampscapes:
Sentiments Sheet #1
139H  Seaside Cove
302A  Gulls
018E  Cloud Cumulous

Ink:  Big N Juicy - Soothing Sunset
Archival Black
Diamond Stickles to highlight water
Paint pen to highlight gulls

Thanks for looking!
Hugs,
Sheree

12 comments:

Myrna said...

Sheree
This is gorgeous. The sentiment is perfect.
How lovely to be only a few blocks from the ocean. (on a calm day lol).
Myrna

NancyD said...

Wonderful Sheree! Very peaceful and the sentiment is perfect. NancyD

craftieodmae said...

Very peaceful and gorgeous, I wouldn't know how to act so close to the ocean, u r so lucky!!!! I saw earlier how many followers, looks like everyone is happy for a scene blog!

THERESA said...

Absolutely stunning, cannot get enough of these made by you, you are soooooooo good, made me calm just looking at the pic!!
lotsa luv

Merry said...

Perfect card and what a wonderful sentiment you have added.

Sandy said...

Beautiful, very serene scene, fab colouring and a lovely sentiment too.
Sandy

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Sheree - ah sooo lovely have these stamps too and love how you have thought outside the square in using these stamps Sheree and have put the bit about your new blog on my last post yesterday which is my WOYWW post and busiest one usually gets about 60 page views in the week - already two folk from my hops Shazsilverwolf (she does great Stampscapes cards) and Elizabeth also very lovely work have joined and wow fancy Sandy Hulsart putting her name down - her work is the best of Stampscapes I thought when starting out - now think you are up there too - but she is one amazing lady and has terrific You tube videos which helped me no end when first took up the brayer! blessings over there trust all the dramas at home with various items playing up has settled down, love Shaz in in,Oz.x

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh I envy you being on the water - would love that! not sure I would get anything done for just watching the view (-:
really looking forward to this new challenge blog (-:
This is a beautiful card - love your colors!

Sara I. said...

Stunning scene you created as always - the colors are just amazing and the embossing is perfect behind it all!! Happy New Year to you - hope 2012 brings many blessings to you and yours!
xx

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the gorgeous scenes on the new challenge site!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous, and your sentiment, so true, I really like the different scape, really pretty, amazing colors.

Happy New Year, hugs, Lori m

Eileen said...

Ooooo this is so fabby .... I love it,the colours are so vibrant ! Clever work x Happy New Year x