Saturday 12 November 2011

Stampscapes - Raspberry Sunset

 
Good Evening Chickees!
I was wracking my brain trying to think of a card to submit to the Outlawz Color Challenge that also has a twist!  We had to use the colors shown below and also add plaid or houndstooth paper.  Yikes!  I had neither in colors that would coordinate with the challenge colors so made my own with a plaid stamp. 
Things came together when I pulled out my Stampscape stamps!  The sunset is mainly Raspberry and the white is used to frame the scene.  The scene was stamped in black.  I also used some other colors to  bring it to life. 
 
First off, I brayered the background starting with Pink Sherbet and then darkened everything with Raspberry and then Wild Plum.  The stamped images were then added using Memento Tuxedo Black.  This time around I didn't stamp a test scene on scrap paper first and you can tell.  The rocks at the bottom of the stamps don't line up as well as they should so it doesn't look as natural.  Oops... better luck next time!
 
To add some depth and hints of color I used a stylus.  First off I went  back to the Wild Plum and framed the edges of the brayered scene, blending in the darker edges. Memento Black was used along the outer edges to give the illusion of an evening scene.  I blended in some Lemonade to the lower edges of the sky along with parts of the water.  Frayed Burlap was used on the rocks and then topped off with Weathered Wood on the water.
 
Here's a close up view of the trees and sky showing where I put the white highlights!  It doesn't show tooooo well so grab your magnifying glass and do some squinting exercises! 
 
 
Here's the recipe!

Stamps:
Background - Impression Obsession - Gingham
Stampscapes - 267E  Pines and Rocks
                       207E  Pine Island
                       175A  Paddlers
                       302A  Gulls
Inks:
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Adirondack Dye Ink - Pink Sherbet, Raspberry, Wild Plum, Lemonade
Distress Inks - Weathered Wood, Frayed Burlap
White Paint Pen
Brayer and Stylus

Thanks for looking!

Hugs,
Sheree

11 comments:

Gail said...

Sheree...I think you're your own worst critic!
It looks wonderful to me!
Makes me wanna break out the stampscapes & play!
I DID get them mounted on foam, soon I'll have no excuse!
Great card!

grandmalee said...

Gorgeous creation! I love the color scheme, and your layout is great even though you don't believe so. I'm with Gail...I need to break out my Stampscvapes again to play. I have some Christmas scenes I'd love to try, and I think this color scheme would work great. Wonderful brayer work!

DJ Lansdell said...

Sheree, your card is breathtaking! It caught my eye immediately because of the color-blending, the creativity, and the creativity! If I were judging the challenge, you would win head and shoulders above the rest! Awesome work!

Cindy :) said...

WOW that is soooo beautiful, you did an awesome job love it

Lorraine said...

Wow, what a breathtaking scene you've created! I love the blending of colors - just stunning!

Sherri said...

This is another beauty. I can almost see myself in a snug little cabin watching the snow fall & enjoying the magnificent sky.

Merry said...

Oh you have pulled off that challenge so well. Such a beautiful scene.

Myrna said...

Sheree
Stunning, absolutely stunning.
No one but you would have noticed the rocks didn't line up.
I think you do wonderful work and you are such a big help and a great teacher. Thanks.
Myrna

NancyD said...

Incredible! My jaw dropped when I saw it and I can't get my jaw closed! Really wonderful color concept and fab scene! Can't wait to get our challenge blog up and running. NancyD

Victoria said...

Beautiful card Sheree!

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous scene! Love the colours!