Tuesday 8 November 2011

Stampscapes Christmas

Afternoon Chickees!
Here is a Stampscape that I played around with a week ago and am just getting to post it now.  The papers are from last year's stash but the Spellbinder is new for me.  I thought this shape showed this scene of better than the next card shown.  I thought Christmas lights would look kind of kewl on the fence but the bulbs are a bit big... maybe they are 60 watts each!  Hmm... good thing I won't have their hydro bill!  There's only two stamps used on this.  If I remember correctly, the one is Pine and Rocks that I taped off along with Crooked Fence taped off and stamped crooked to level the wire lines.


This Christmas card is done using the Lakeside Cabin Stampscapes stamp and the crooked fence.  I used painter's tape to mask off for snow and used a Jelly Roll pen for the lights. And.... I goofed on this one!  May have to give it to my brother or one of my left-handed boys!!  Seems put the top layers on the card backwards so it now opens from the left.  They'll laugh like heck when one of them gets it! 

Inks used:
Adirondack Dye Ink Pads:  Aqua
Memento Dye Ink Pads:  London Fog, Black, Bamboo
Distress Ink Pads:  Frayed Burlap, Walnut

Thanks for looking!  I hope to find some winter scenes on the net so I can try something different.

Hugs,
Sheree

9 comments:

Myrna said...

Sheree
These are lovely. I think the Spellbinders are a nice touch.
Myrna

Sara I. said...

Love em both - so simple yet elegant! Wonderful Christmas cards!! xx

NancyD said...

Sheree, these cards are perfect. I wish I could see them up close so that I can figure out how you made the snow so white. I must learn your techniques!!!! We need to get together and play!!!
NancyD

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

These card are little masterpieces. They are amazingly beautiful. My blog lost must lie, because it had not shown a new post by you in days.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous.

Gail said...

Great job! I wouldn't mind a left opening card if it looked like that!
Just sayin'!

Lorraine said...

Oh wow, I love these! Love how you framed the scenes with the ornament nesties! So beautiful!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I can't believe I missed theses beautiful ornaments. Sheree, theses are just spectacular.

Karen Aicken said...

Such a wonderful idea - I am going to try this and make a masculine birthday card (not with the ornament die, ha ha).
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com