Friday 9 September 2011

Flourishes - Masculine Card


Hey there Chickees!
Yep... I'm back for a wee bit.  It's been a crazy couple of weeks at work and at home.  Painting the exterior of the house is taking a little longer than usual.

I'll post more later... had a 6.8 earthquake north of us and aftershocks are supposed to happen.  We only felt a little bit here but must head home to check my puppies cuz they are probably scared..

Talk to you soon!!

Hugs,
Sheree

Back in business.  The earthquake wasn't that bad but I have a dog that sees ghosts and flies freak him out.  Max needed a big hug when I got home haha!

Back to the card I posted!  The image is from Flourishes - What a Catch! set.  I found this set two weeks ago and have been playing around with different colour combinations.  This one ... I like!

There's a fish hook tied to the sisal twine but it moved while I took the picture so the hook end is hard to see.  It's there though!!

The recipe is as follows:
Stamps - Flourishes, Studio G
Ink - Memento Black, Distress - Burlap
Paper - Staples, Recollections, Stampin' Up!
Ribbon - Looks like fishnet but is actually 2 1/2 inch woven that I stretched out of shape.  This one is dark green and gold woven in
Colouring - Copics
CuttleBug - Woodgrain folder
Embossing powder - Crafty Capers glittery copper
Spellbinders Diamond Dies
Pop dots

There you have it!  Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Sheree

6 comments:

Merry said...

Wonderful card Sheree...great embellishments. I hope your puppies all well when you get home.

NancyD said...

Hey Sheree, you have been gone over two weeks!!! I missed you!!! Love the card by the way.

I felt it too. Crazy, reminded my of the Loma Pretia (sp) quake in Calif that I was in - same kind of shaking, or at least it felt like it. Everything is fine though. My pup house and pup are fine.

I posted my first Stampscapes card and I think I might be addicted. It's all your fault! lol!

Anyway, welcome back.
NancyD

Sherri said...

I love this card! I just ordered some of their stamps & am sorry I didn't get this one. You did such a terrifc job coloring it. Any guy would be thrilled to get this! I hope you & the puppies are all safe & you don't have any more aftershocks! I'm glad i live in Iowa!

Gail said...

Great guy card!
Is that fish net!?
You're so clever!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Sheree yes love the card too and toes used - dont work too hard and hope pups are ok, God's blessings always, Shaz in oz.x

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is an awesome card! Love your coloring and the fish net background, way cool!