Sunday 3 April 2011

Flourishes Wedding/Birthday/Girlie Card

Good Evening My Friends!
Sorry about not posting much this past week...errr..nothing!  I've been busy in the yard and with all the nice weather the shop has been busier than heck!  That's a good thing in general but not for blogging!
I've been playing with this Flourishes card for days now.  The stamping and colouring were the easy parts!  This is one of my favourites and made the mistake of picking papers after I coloured instead of before.  BIG lesson learned!
The image was coloured with the following Copics: YR00, RV21, R85, RV34, YG13, YG63, YG67 and C2.  I'm my own worst critic but really like how this turned out!  I coloured two images and then cut out pieces of one and layered them onto the original for a 3D effect with 1/16th thick pop dots.  Some of the dots had to be cut into tiny pieces in order to make them not show.
Background papers are from Bazzil (sp?), K & Company along with unknown.  The paper doilies were from my Candy that I won from
T-Bear's Touch blog owned by Trisha!  Did I ever get some beautiful items in that box!  I purchased a new Fiskar's punch at Wally World today and used it for my butterfly along with Glossy Accents and bling.  Two background papers were cut out with Spellbinders and the pink embossed with Swiss Dots.  The edges of the doilies and the patterned background paper were distressed with Old Paper.  I also added Diamond Stickles to the sunkissed areas of the Sweet Peas and Leaves.
The tough part with this card is trying to figure out how I can embellish some more with ribbon.  I've tried two different types of bows in two different types of ribbon and I'm stumped!  This past week I've been trying different papers, positions on the card along with others but this is as far as I've gotten.... yikes!  Any ideas??
Thanks for looking!  Hope you all have a wonderful work week!

Hugs,
Sheree

Challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Flowers


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Oh my! What a beautiful creation. I love the layout and your coloring is awesome. The butterfly and and all the bling really sets off the flowers.

NancyD said...

Sheree, I think it is lovely just the way it is - beautiful!

Beate said...

Sheree, your coloring and layering looks amazing! Hugs and smiles

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!!! This card is gorgeous!!! Your colouring is wonderful and the dimension really makes this a showstopper!!

ChristineCreations said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the touches of shimmer on the sweet peas, and the dimension to the design is gorgeous!

Sherri said...

Don't worry about a bow! This card is perfect just as it is! Beautiful coloring & I love the layers you added. It all just comes together for a gorgeous card!

Sara I. said...

all your hard work paid off - its fabulous! The flowers are delicious and I love your embossing!

Jean said...

Beautiful, so much work but so worth it in the end.

Jean said...

I was looking thru your other posts and notice that you have the boxes to mark, I have marked this to show on my blog and they don't is there a secret to it?? Thanks for your time.

Heather Rogers said...

I think you did a beautiful job coloring. I love the sparkle and layers to your Sweet Peas. Thanks so much for palying at BBB!

I always pick papers after I color. If I do it the other way around it doesn't turn out. :)

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautiful coloring and I LOVE the layering!

Priyanka said...

Girly card is one of my favorite and its looking so pretty dear in pink,I love doilies too.wow.

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Fabulous creation with wonderful details thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion
Hugs
Tamara

Cindy Haffner said...

STUNNING, simply STUNNING!!~

Julie Koerber said...

This is just amazing! I love the way you colored up these pretty sweet peas, added dimension and some sparkle!!

Miss Molly said...

I jus tlove the dimension you have added to your flowers!!
Thanks for joining us at There's Magic in the Air - Paper Cupcakes!

Molly DT Member

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh wow! This is really stunning! I am not sure if it is the image or the embossed pink but it is stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad Flowers Challenge this week & good luck in the draw!

aqualeiga said...

Beautiful! Such careful attention to detail. Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD. Don't forget to check out the awesome prizes up for grabs in our altered CD competition! Hugs, Ali x

Priyanka said...

Pink is my favorite one,this is delightful to looking at this card.