Wednesday 16 March 2011

Mothers Day Card - 2

Good Morning Everyone!
I'm loving Tim Holtz' Perfect Pearls at the moment!  I started playing with the copper and bronze last night along with a fern frond stamp from Stampin' up!  I wish you could see how the Perfect Pearls glisten in the light!
First off I used my anti-static bag for embossing and it helped quite a bit with getting the pearls only where I wanted it.  Next, I put Perfect Medium on the stamp and stamped it randomly off the page.  You need to recoat the stamp with Perfect Medium every time you stamp.  This medium is clear but does have somewhat of a sheen to it so if you tilt it towards the light you'll see where you need to fill in.
Once the stamping is finished it's time to dust on the perfect pearls!  For the fronds I put copper towards the tip and bronze closer to the bottom.  If you were here to see the card for yourself you'd see that there is a subtle difference!  Next, take your larger fluffy brush and gently get rid of any excess powder.  Spritz your work lightly to set the pearls and that part is finished once it dries!
After that... it's up to you what type of dp's and embellishments you use.
The sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up! set and says...
"A mother is someone who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take."
Good luck and have fun playing with this fantastic medium!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

NancyD said...

Sheree, really lovey card! I have some PP but have never really figured out the best way to use them. What is perfect medium and where do I get it? When you say "spritz your work" do you mean spray with water?

Hey, I am coming to CR on Saturday to check out the two SB stores. Will you be around, I would love to meet?

Nancy

Victoria said...

Hi Sheree, Great card. Glad you are using your PP. Here's a tip for getting rid of PP that have gone where you don't want them - use a Swiffer dry dusting cloth. Designed to pick up dust (and Perfect Pearls)
Planning to do a demo one at at Crafty Capers with the Perfect Pearls.