Saturday 5 March 2011

Cancer Cards for Heidi!!

Hi Everyone!
Michelle from Michelles Scrapbooking And More is sending out a request for a grade six girl named Heidi who is battling a very rare form of ovarian cancer.  Click on the link for more information and the address.  It would be great to send cards from all over the world!  I will post mine by Sunday night.
Thanks for helping!!
Hugs,
Sheree

Here's what I've come up with.  I'm not a little girly foo foo cardmaker but.. I wanted to send something to Heidi!

Not sure if I'm really sold on this card! I was trying to make a card for a little girl named Heidi who is 10 years old and has contracted a very rare form of Ovarian Cancer.


Most everything is from Stampin' Up! I cut out the paper flower in layers and propped it up with pop dots. No matter what angle I tried to photograph this I couldn't make the fairy sprinkles show... they are there tho! Now that you know this... The story of the card is that Heidi is the beautiful flower and the fairy is sprinkling vast quantities of fairy dust to help her heal and bloom. The saying says it all.. There's a little bit of magic in everything by Lou Reed. I'm hoping that the magic cures Heidi enabling her to live a long and healthy life!

So there you have it... The card isn't great but I wanted to get her story out there.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: