Monday 21 February 2011

Masculine Generic

Hello again!

I had an idea pop into my little brain on the way home tonight so I threw dinner in the oven and went to work on bringing my idea to life.
I started with the Stampscape images, slowly building until I was happy with it. Some stamps you may not recognize as I stamped them half off the page, like the small lakeside cove.
The inks used were: From Adirondack - Aqua, Stonewashed, Willow, black; From Memento - Potters Clay, Cottage Ivy; From Distress Pads - Frayed Burlap, Crushed Olive and Weathered Wood.
Once I was finished I sprayed the image with glossy laquer and highlighted a few tiny spots with a glitter gel pen in platinum. I looked at the photo I took and those highlights don't show but they do look great when the card is tilted. As I always do of late, used the Martha Stewart photo corner punch to make it look like it could have been a photograph.
The sentiment is from Thomas Kinkade and states: 'If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.'
The papers were random ones I had from a huge package from Costco. (I'm finally using them!) I stitched them together and then popped the image up on top. The sentiment was stamped onto cream cardstock, stitched and then the edges ripped and distressed.
One thing I should have done was to find some of my old fishing gear to stick on there. Hmmm.. I think I know where it may be so if I do remember to add some I'll post an updated photo!
Thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Dana said...

Wow Sheree!! This is just gorgeous! Your clouds are amazing! Thanks for all of your kind words and welcome to Blogland!! You will have so much fun!
If you get the chance check out The Outlawz
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/
We've been having a lot of fun and you will be sure to meet some wonderful people!!
Hugs!
Dana

Unknown said...

I love those stamps from stampscapes, I have a couple but I haven't been brave enough to try one. Your card is gorgeous.

Pat Moore said...

I just saw your question on one of my blog posts. Not that you will remember, but the shimmer on the water is a Stampscapes stamp. Contact me if you need more info and I'll look it up for you. I think is is called shimmer. I've especially enjoyed your stampscapes scenes. They are just one of my many passions. ....pat M

Brenda said...

Wow, what an amazing card. Your coloring is gorgeous!!

Gisèle said...

Beautiful card! I love the stamping - I'm really inexperienced in that area. Love the details of the stitching and distressing.

Pat Moore said...

I don't have your email address to answer your questions on my coloring. My email is in my profile on my blog. ...Pat M

Paula S. said...

Terrific landscape image and what a great masculine card. I'm glad you stopped by my blog and picked up the free truck digi. I hadn't even noticed the Followers button was missing. Probably did that when I reorganized recently. It's back in place so feel free if you'd like to follow.

paulaposts.blogspot.com

Priyanka said...

But here winter gradually going. I plant this dahlia long ago, but now it is bloom, ur colouring in this card is just out of this world,u again and again amazed me with ur coloring skill.

Priyanka said...

plz visit my blog I have something for you.

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is awesome and I love your landscape and coloring! I have a ton of these stamps and need to learn how to color like you do! Will check out your blog for more ideas.

shazsilverwolf said...

Love this- I really adore the Stampscapes stamps, and I agree with you, they make fabulous mens cards. I have quite a few on my blog, and stamped quite a lot on oil pastel backgrounds too.