Sunday 30 January 2011

Stampscapes #2 - Wish You Were Here!

Hi Everyone!

Well, I just HAD to try out a new scene with my Stampscapes stamps tonight. The photo shows it quite a bit lighter than it actually is. I was going for a late evening scene and think I did okay. The stamps I used tonight were Pines with rocks, Lakeside Cove, Canoe, Gulls, Oak Trees, Pine Tree. The Adirondack Dye Inks used were: Aqua, Stonewashed, Willow, Meadow and Black. I also used two Distress Inks, Weathered Wood and Frayed Burlap. All were applied with a Colorbox Stylus and layered until the blending was just right! Once all the colours were applied I used Adirondack Black to soften and darken everything up. The water is quite a bit darker than it looks and the sky is a black/blue towards the outer edges.
Well, that's it for today. It's time to head to bed and then on to another long work week.
Hope you like my new design!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

NancyD said...

Sheree, I just saw one of your cards on SCS and realized that we live close - I am in Courtenay. I think it is cool that card makers all over the world are uploading cards to the gallery and we are on the same Island! I would love to meet at a card class or something.

Love your Stampscape cards, they are beautifully done.

Nancy - http://craftingpassions.blogspot.com/

Priyanka said...

MY God u r a marvelous artist, this is more than masterpiece and extra awesome. wow wow wow

lizzy giggs said...

Hey Sheree! Thanks checking out my blog. I love your Stampscapes cards...great use of color! I like using the Adirondacks and Distress inks together as well!
You made me homesick! I was born on Vancouver Island...in Duncan! I lived in Parksville for a while, then on the mainland in Vancouver. Hubby and I often dream of living back there on the island! all the best! lizzy

Anonymous said...

I just love your style. I appreciate all the 'how I did it' info that you share. It is so helpful to us beginners. TFS