Saturday 29 January 2011

My First Stampscape!

Hi Everyone!
I recently purchased some Stampscape stamps and Adirondack Ink Pads from Crafty Capers and finally had a few minutes to play after taking my first class to learn how to use that brayer I've had in the drawer for a year!
The image was done on glossy photo paper from Stampin' Up! I used the mountains, lakeside cabin, leafy branch, large pine tree, flock of gulls and some leafy oaks.
I did the sponging with a Colorbox stylus and used the following inks: Pink Sherbet, Aqua, Pool, Willow, Meadow, Weathered Wood and Frayed Burlap distress inks and Archival Black for stamping the images. I found that the inks faded quite quickly when I looked at it the next day so went over everything again and changed a few things. This is the result! Once I finished inking I sprayed the whole image with a clear varnish.
I'm pretty happy with my first try and have since gone back to buy more stamps (I'm turning into an addict!) so will post the new designs as I create them.
Hope you like it and thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Priyanka said...

both both are staring pieces,ur coloring is beyond the word beautiful